Saturday, October 10, 2009

Late night run.

A friend of mine by the name of Tony, called me Monday night as I was busy reviewing on Yelp and posting on "Foody Food". He informed me that he was "HUNGRYYY" and wanted to go out and get some food. I had just eaten Wing Stop with my girlfriend that very same day, but I was running on empty by the time he called. I told him to come down to my area in Costa Mesa because there's a ton of taquerias on 19th St. that I still needed to try out. Tony drove down, picked me up and we were off to obliterate our hunger for food.

On 19th St. we stopped by "Taco Mesa". We went inside, stared at the menu for a few minutes and then an employee popped his head out over the counter and tells us "We're closed". WTF? Close your doors then guys! Well, off we go again on 19th St. in search of food. We passed "El Toro Bravo" and made a stop at "Alejandro's". Some guy cut us off at the drive thru window and we got ticked off. As we were waiting, we checked the menu and saw that they didn't serve "Al Pastor"(pork), which is one of our favorite taco meats so we decided to leave. We ended up at the last taqueria on 19th st. before we got to the residential area. "Taqueria El Granjenal" was the name. I always have a hard time saying it but it's easier to type it up lol.







Beef Taquitos




Carne Asada Taco


Al Pastor Taco


A large Horchata to wash it all down. One of the best Horchatas I've had.




This place was goooood. Like, almost as good as De Anda. Not quite on the same level, but pretty damn close. Oh and another thing, the al pastor taco had cabbage in it which was weird cause usually cabbage exists only in seafood type tacos. Oh well, it really wasn't a big deal at all. Just random. Well, if you happen to be in Costa Mesa. Stop by here.

We accomplished so many things and opened up new opportunities after eating here. Satisfying our stomaches, trying out a new place to eat, a new post for "Foody Food", a review on Yelp, finding a worthy competitor for "Taqueria De Anda". See how productive we can be? Too-da-loo!


 
Taqueria El Granjenal
(949) 645-4964
899 W 19th St
Costa Mesa, CA 92627



- Tando

No comments:

Post a Comment