Thursday, October 8, 2009

Toro Toro!

Once upon a time (this is real by the way), I was introduced to a magical place named "Taqueria De Anda". In the heart of Santa Ana rests this wonderful sanctuary where tacos, burritos and other fine mexican food are beautifully created....

Ok Ok.

I had their tacos...and they were amazing! By far, the best in my book. I haven't been there for awhile because I've been on a hunt. A journey in search of a place to rival De Anda. I haven't found any taquerias yet that exceed or even equal to the awesomeness of De Anda, but some have come close.

"El Toro Bravo" in Costa Mesa. Carnitas, asada and pollo tacos is what Misty and I ordered. The carnitas and asada were good. Don't get the pollo though unless you plan on dumping a bunch of salsa on it. It was dry and had no flavor. I can't come up with a reason for that, just don't get it. Stick with carnitas, asada and possibly the other meats we haven't tried yet. One other thing that you shouldn't get is the Taquitos. They're kept under a heat lamp which isn't fresh at all. So sure enough when I had these, it was chewy and the flavor had been evaported from the lamp. The good thing about this place is that their tortillas are handmade along with their tortilla chips. So you get that natural homemade authentic taste. Also, their tacos are bigger than other taquerias out there, especially De Anda, so try ordering less. We made that mistake, food coma hit us and we payed the price. I'll give this place a B, which is pretty good. Not amazing like Taqueria De Anda's A+ though.









Carnitas Taco


Carne Asada Taco


Pollo Taco


Beef Taquitos


Across from "El Toro Bravo" was this amazing piece of graffiti art. "Witnes"



Well the journey continues on as I, Christopher Tando search for a worthy competitor to take on the extraordinary taste and might of "Taqueria De Anda". Til next time folks. Hasta Luego!



El Toro Bravo's website: http://eltorobravo.net/index.html



- Tando

No comments:

Post a Comment